December 14, 2016
INFORMATION COLLECTED & HOW IT IS USED
We will ask you for personal information to provide the services we offer. By providing your personal information as set forth herein, you are authorizing VAULT to store and use your information accordingly. This information includes:
- Purchasing: We will ask for information such as your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address and payment card information to process your purchase, confirm your order and ship the items to you. If you elect to be added to the VAULT marketing list, we may use your contact information to communicate with you about our products, services, surveys and promotions.
- My Account: You have the opportunity to create an account with VAULT, which allows you to shop faster and easier. Using a User ID and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information. In creating this account, you authorize VAULT to store your name and email address. Should you elect to do so, you may also include in your “My Account” your telephone number, payment card information, and shipping and billing addresses. If you choose to include such additional information then you are also authorizing VAULT to store such information accordingly. Each of these options is for your convenience only. If you use a public computer to visit the “My Account” section of the Site, we strongly encourage you to log out at the conclusion of your session.
When you create an account with VAULT, you will be given the option to be added to the VAULT marketing list. Whether you select this option, your personal information will never be sold to anyone and, except as specifically provided herein, your personal information will not be shared.
- Marketing and Promotional: You may also sign up on the Site to receive promotional emails from VAULT. To sign up we may ask for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and preferences. Subscriptions to the email list can be cancelled at any time.
- Removal from Lists: To be removed from our marketing list, please email us at email@example.com. You may also click the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of the emails to be removed from emails that we send you. Please allow us at least ten (10) business days to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may have already been in process before your request was submitted.
- Customer Service: Our Customer Service representatives, we may ask for information such as name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and if you choose to make a purchase, credit card information. We use this information to assist you and to process or review your transaction. When you place an order through Customer Service, you will be asked to provide your credit card information. VAULT does not store your credit card information unless you choose to include it in your “My Account” (see above).
- Surveys, Sweepstakes & Promotions: You may be able to participate in surveys, sweepstakes and promotions on the Site. If you choose to participate in these promotions, we may request information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and interests or product preferences. This information is used to enter you into our contests, sweepstakes and other promotions. We may use this information to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions, but only if you have given us your consent to do so.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY AUTOMATED MEANS
We may collect information about your browser, including, where available, IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about how you browse the Site.
We may obtain information about general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to the device’s hard drive.
Cookies help us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more customized service. They enable us:
- to estimate usage numbers and patterns;
- to store information about your preferences, and to allow us to customize the Site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognize you when you return to the Site.
We also use “pixel tags” (sometimes called “Internet tags”, “web beacons” or “clear GIFS”), which are tiny graphic images, on the Site. Pixel tags help us analyze our customers’ online behavior and measure the effectiveness of the Site and our advertising. We work with service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this information.
Pixel tags on the Site may be used to collect information about your visit, including the pages viewed, features used, links clicked, and other actions taken in connection with the Site. This information may include the device’s IP address, browser type, operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about the device. We may also track certain information about the identity of the websites visited immediately before coming to our Site. We do not otherwise track any information about use of other websites.
Pixel tags and cookies in our emails may be used to track interactions within those messages, such as when receiving, opening, or clicking a link within the emails.
We also work with business partners who use tracking technologies to deliver advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to the Site, and your interaction with our advertising and other communications.
We may combine the information we collect through cookies and pixel tags with other information we have collected. This information may be used to improve the Site, to personalize the online experience, to help us deliver information to you, to determine the effectiveness of our advertising, and for other internal business purposes.
We use the information we collect from our customers for various purposes, including:
- process transactions upon their request;
- improve the Site, our customers shopping experience and quality of service;
- send communications to you about our products, services surveys and promotions;
- prevent and detect fraud and abuse;
- enable our service providers to perform certain activities on our behalf; and
- comply with our legal obligations, policies and procedures and for internal administrative and analytics purposes.
OTHERS WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Legal Agencies: We may provide access to information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors of the Site or the public.
Security Providers: VAULT uses commercially reasonable measures to keep your financial information private and safe. We take appropriate physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via email. Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
We use what we consider to be industry standard security technology in transferring information to process your orders. All credit card transactions should take place in a protected area of the Site, which is designed to reduce the risk of any loss, misuse or alteration of the information collected. When you have finished shopping and begin the checkout process, you should move into the protected area of the Site. Once you’ve entered, the page address (URL) should change from http to https. Also, a key or a closed lock should appear in the lower right hand corner of your screen to notify you of this change. You should remain in this secure zone for the entire checkout process. Please check that you are still in this protected area when typing in credit card details.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we will use commercially reasonable means to ensure the security of information you transmit to us, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by third parties. We may, however, prosecute any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions to the fullest extent permitted by law.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
While visiting the Site, you may link to sites operated by our business partners or other third parties. This does not mean that we endorse these sites. We do not make any representations or warranties about any website you may access through the Site. They are independent from us, and we have no control over, or responsibility for, their information or activities.
“SPOOFING” AND “PHISHING”
“Spoofing” or “Phishing” are common Internet scams. These may occur when you receive an email from what appears to be a legitimate source requesting personal information from you. Please be aware that VAULT will NEVER send you an email requesting you to verify credit card or banking information. If you ever receive an email that appears to be from us requesting such information from you, DO NOT respond to it, and DO NOT click on any links appearing in the email. Instead, please forward the email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will endeavor to investigate all instances of possible Internet fraud.
PRIVACY OF MINORS
The Site is not meant for children. We do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13, and will dispose of any such information if we become aware that it has been provided to us.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties’ or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: 1515 W. Green Dr., High Point, NC 27260, Attn: Marketing Department or by email to email@example.com. Please allow 30 days for a response.
If you have any questions about your privacy or security on the Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES